In our 29th year of operating in Sierra Leone, and with the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in 2014 adversely affecting Sierra Leone’s Health System in support of Government’s efforts, Marie Stopes Sierra Leone (MSSL) with financial support from DfID, UNFPA and Marie Stopes International continued to scale up its provision of family planning services and capacity building in family planning delivery as well as managing 9 EVD Community Care Centers.
Find our full 2015 Annual Report (.pdf) here.
High Impact Clients:
- 52% Clients living in extreme poverty
- 37% Switchers
- 55% Clients under 25 years old
- 92,422 Unintended pregnancies averted
- 708 Maternal deaths averted
- 33,272 Unsafe abortions averted
- 360,160 CYPs (LAPM 70,319)
- £2,912,888 Savings to the health system